


The Eagle Lady passed away this week. Even though I never got to meet her personally, I count my experiences with her eagles as one of my favorite Alaskan winter excursions.
Paul and I first went to visit the infamous Homer Spit for Valentines Day 2004. Homer is a quirky artsy town. It is touristy but rough. I like it! Quirky, is a term of endearment in my vocabulary :)
We camped on the spit the first night and awoke to find eagles atop all of the poles around us. Then we went over (in the truck) to the Eagle Lady's trailer and watched as she fed them frozen fish. Hundreds of eagles gathered around to get the frozen fish handouts. I had never seen eagles so close. AMAZING!
Paul and I returned during the winter numerous times to watch the eagles and were so lucky to have the opportunity to take my mom to the Homer Spit when she visited last winter. She kept trying to count the eagles. There are too many to count but her attempts were cute.
Thank you Jean for some great memories and experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment