There have been an inordinate number of ducks circling our neighborhood lately. The quack, quacks ring out daily just after 5 pm. We had been wondering why there were so many circling around and could not figure out where they were landing.
Paul and I set out one recent evening to figure out this mystery. About a block away from our house there is a hidden dead end road. We didn't know that this road existed. As we walked up the road we saw ducks landing all over it. A person who lives at the end of the road had spread probably around 5-10 gallons of crushed corn over the end of the road. Hundred of ducks were there eating while hundreds more circled overhead. It was really loud and neat to see, we slowly made it up to within a few feet of the crushed corn. We stood quietly just watching and listening.
Then Paul got pooped on--I laughed at him. Then I got pooped on. Ewww, my poor hat. Being so close to all of the ducks and below the circling ducks is a dangerous thing.
I wish that I had brought the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment