
I spent last week in Fairbanks at a Tobacco Conference.
The highlight of the conference was a side trip for pleasure to Chena Hot Springs. I could have floated in the outdoor springs for hours it was so warm and relaxing. I went with a group of seven women from the conference and had such a great ride (it is over an hour drive) to the springs. I highly recommend outdoor hot springs when there is snow on the ground.
Last weekend, I went shopping at the thrift store and found this really cool serving platter shaped like an artists palette for $5. Then I saw the exact same platter in a modern art magazine for $80. I am having co-workers over for lunch this week so will be able to use it then.
Birthday—I had a great BD with cards and gifts and phone calls. I feel so loved. Paul took me to Hatcher’s Pass for a day at the lodge. I love the view from the rooms there. I also would really like to run a marketing/image campaign for the lodge--so many possibilities. We went skiing and snowshoeing by the old mine and went sledding down the mountain. The mountain was icy and was full of craters from the volcano ash. It was a scary ride down. I went down twice. I am getting wimpier in my old age.
1 comment:
I'm glad your birthday was so fun! I haven't gotten my box yet but will pick it up on Thursday and am excited over fruits and veggies so that's got to be a good thing:)
Post a Comment