Saturday, August 08, 2009

Mary Claire's Visit and Birthday Celebrations!




Happy Birthday to Ryker and Mary Claire

To celebrate Ryker’s BD we all got together at Ken and Sue’s for a deep frying production line. Ryker had requested for his BD Beer Battered Halibut. Well an online recipe and a borrowed deep fryer from our neighbors and we were ready. Bring on the halibut!

We were able to celebrate Mary Clarie’s BD while she was in Alaska with a meal out at VIP (Korean Food) and a big cookie. The cookie was a great hit with the kids but I must say that I preferred the Jeouju Dolsot bibimbap the rice covered with vegetables and an egg and served in a stone bowl. The bowl is so hot that it makes the rice on the bottom crispy—in fact after we finished dinner the bowl was still hot. (Note for Janice--find a good place for bibimbap in Korea)

I taught Autumn and Marah how to play Happy Birthday on the piano—the birthday song celebration has not stopped since then!

No comments: