We are taking some parenting tips from my brother and sister-in-law and starting them early with the college visits.
College focused coffee shops count as a college visit, right? This one is ranked in the top 50 of all college coffee shops in the US.
I really love this picture as it captures so much and about this experience. This is how the morning played out--this is a typical morning:
- We are going to go get coffee before Paul goes to the meadery. Williamsburg is beautiful and we are in the colonial center. Perfect morning.
- We walk into the coffee shop--there is a line.
- Soon the kids are crawling on the floor playing--next to the line with people with hot coffee.
- I ask them to stop and stand by me--this request makes them want to crawl around faster on the floor.
- I catch Paul's eye--with the look of a parent on the edge. He comes and gets the kids and takes them to a table.
- I wait in line for coffee and snap this photo as Paul shows the kids a map and they are completely engaged in looking at the map--it is adorable.
- I get the coffee and we go to leave--Neil does not want to leave the map. He proceeds to cry/protest our leaving and knock over a chair as we are leaving--carrying him and our coffees.
- We go for a walk in the center of town-so quaint and a perfect fall morning for walking sipping a coffee. The kids are skipping in the leaves.
- The kids find a dirt pile and proceed to sit in the dirt and play in the street. They really could just play in dirt and be satisfied. They don't want to walk anymore.
- We leave--perfect, crazy, dirty, annoyed and peaceful morning all in less than an hour.
Repeat this scenario every waking hour. This is travel with the kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment