Fall Visitors—The last visitors of the season have come and gone.
Mom, Ellen and Dick came up to Alaska on a cruise and then took the train into Denali before coming to visit us in Anchorage. Their timing for visiting Denali was impeccable. What incredible fall colors! Check them out!
This has been the most beautiful fall that I have seen in Alaska. I think that the warmer than normal summer and the extra long fall have created such intense colors. We have not had snow in Anchorage yet, this is also a first for me in Alaska.
We had a great time with Mom, Ellen and Dick and showing them around Anchorage. We were able to spot bear, reindeer, and moose and of course eagles as we toured around. Anchorage is such a fun city to show visitor around. The diversity of food and cultures and the incredible natural beauty make being a tour guide easy.
Just spending some time at the house and hanging out was really nice. We played cards, watched the birds and of course mom did some landscaping :-) I am excited to see the bulbs that we planted come up next year.
I laughed as Mom and Ellen walked all over taking pictures of the mushrooms--Paul and I had done the same thing days before. The love of nature runs in the family. We even went to a mushroom festival in Girdwood, Alaska!
No comments:
Post a Comment