Tuesday, September 01, 2009

One Year Ago Today

I can't believe that it has been a year. It doesn't seem real and sometimes I think the distance makes it seem less real to me than to the rest of the family.

I miss Dad and his welcoming hug and the the cat play by play updates that he would give when I called home. Some guys, relive the game play by play and who did what and what resulted and who won. For Dad it was the cats: Blackie, Whitey and Orangie (a.k.a Cinder, Snowball and Pumpkin). "Blackies got Orangie down, Whiteys on the sidelines watching...whoa Whitey is in! Whitey is IN, and they are all rolling around. Blackies got Orangie by the tail..." It sounds corny, and it was, but I miss it.

Still healing and I'm still crying as I think about Dad being gone. 2008 was a difficult year, but refining. I was never more proud of my family and friends than in the time around Dad's death. There was so much that I learned about family and friendship as we prepared for the auction and sat around at the picnic tables on the patio with everyone that came to help. In short I am blessed.

I may have at times tears of sorrow but I find more joy in the incredible memories and relationships.

I put some video's that we showed at the Celebration of Life Service online. Next year I will put the rest up.



No comments: