I enjoy winter but admit that I miss the sight of green.
I saw one of these on Etsy and decided that I had to try to make one. Our yard has a lot of moss next to trees. So the other weekend I went out and dug around and came up with this! It has been a few weeks and it is still green and looks great as the centerpiece on my dining room table. It is a talisman of spring.
Instructions:
1. Get some small rocks and rinse them with water.
2. Find some moss and gently dig it up--make sure that you leave some moss there to regenerate.
3. Dig some earth up below the moss--this dirt has the right acid blend.
4. Place the rocks into a covered container
5. Cover the rocks with the dirt.
6. Place the moss over the top of the dirt and gently press down. Shape moss as needed to fit into container.
Now the best part--cover and just mist every two to three weeks.
Here is a picture of my Moss Terrarium. I put some snow on it to water it after potting it.
No comments:
Post a Comment