
North flank of Mount Redoubt and low-level vapor plume
Picture Date: January 31, 2009
Image Creator: Waythomas, Chris
Image courtesy of AVO/USGS.
Well the volcano has not blown—we keep waiting. There were no earthquakes that we could feel this past weekend but they are still reporting lots of tremors under Redoubt. Paul is very prepared and went out and got extra food and dust masks for us. I am sort of excited. I have never had a volcano day. Snow days are a thing to be treasured—so why not a volcano day? Everyone says though that it is not fun and everything just gets so dirty and scratched. We will see—the Volcano Observatory seems to think that it will blow.
We had some snow over the weekend and had the chance to go skiing. We skied over to a friend’s house for a party on Friday evening. The ice under the snow made skiing a bit more challenging but it was fun and I love seeing fresh snow on the pine trees in the moonlight. Beautiful Winter Night!
Saturday was ½ price day at the local thrift stores. I am working on some art pieces for a fundraiser called “Trash to Treasure” in May. I have $50 to buy things at the thrift store to turn into my treasures. I am working on painting some old canvases that I found and also found a few more glass containers for more terrariums. What fun out bargain hunting! Paul is working on a side table made out of golf clubs. I will post pictures of my before and after upcycled projects (Trash to Treasures) later. As least I will post pics of the projects that turn out ;-0
No comments:
Post a Comment